Pages

Saturday 12 March 2011

Homefront- "The thinking man's BlackOps" ?

Due to be released Friday 18th March within the UK and Wednesday the 15th in the USA, this game hasn't really had in my opinion as much coverage as I thought it would have. I never heard of it until a friend mentioned in last week. After doing my research I have began to get genuinely excited for this game, and will be purchasing it on the day of release.
Its 2027,  after the death of the Korean leader Kim Jon-il. His son, Kim Jon-un unites North Korea with South Korea forming one country, giving them the power to create a stable country economically and military wise. Already in conflict with Japan, Korea begin training up using American weapons and modern military training, building up a large military system via other eastern Asian countries. With all the training, and new experience the Koreans are able to invade the USA, with carefully planned military strikes, including an EMP strike.    

Set within a suburban / rural environment you are fighting the Koreans trying to liberate your country, dealing with warfare on your door step! Hence the name 'Homefront'
The on-line game-play from what I have seen looks pretty action packed and intense, with a small variety of different vehicles available to the player; Helicopters, Jeeps and tanks, aswell as the basic FPS set of weapons, this game gives you want you pretty much want from a shooter. One unique multi-player feature is the 'Battle points' system the developers have included (kind of like kill streaks) allowing players to earn points in match and spend them in that match on a helpful pieces of equipment; Battle drones, rocket launchers ect, these can be used to mark and target enemy players helping both you and your team mates.
From what I have seen the game looks like a brilliant version of Battlefield and Call of Duty merged into one, with an enticing  story line and good game-play mechanics. A great new game to spend hours playing to replace Black-Ops whilst anticipating Battlefield 3!

I can't really give a full review or opinion until I play the game for my self all I can tell you for now is I am excited to put CoD down for a bit and immerse my self within this multi-player!


for a more in-depth overview of the story line visit this site http://www.iplayhomefront.com/timeline/

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, this title didn't even register on my radar until a few weeks ago. It was a split between this and DA2. I don't feel like sinking into an RPG until summer when I have more free time so HomeFront won out.

    It looks like a good mix so far, more battlefield than CoD I reckon due to the vehicles and larger open maps (which are tighter compared to Battlefield) and the weapons/movement look about as tight as a CoD game. Really looking forward to this, get some squad based pwnage on the go >.< I'll be picking this up for Xbox next Friday :D

    ~Echoes221 - Cubed3.com General Writer/Reviewer/Feature Writer

    ~ Calum Peak

    ReplyDelete